Blog This, Sissy!

Monday, May 8

"Everything is still on as planned, and I'm going to give it my best shot," Blaine said Sunday from his perch on the plaza of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts as spectators gawked and waved at him. Blaine's finale was to be aired live in a two-hour ABC special, "David Blaine: Drowned Alive," starting at 8 p.m. EDT Monday. He told AP Television News he "will do his best" to complete the feat despite peeling skin, sharp pains in his joints and a severe ear ache. The stunt artist planned to put on 150 pounds of chains and handcuffs, remove his oxygen tube and then escape while holding his breath longer than the record of 8 minutes, 58 seconds. "If I don't get out of the chains and I black out in 9 minutes, which is about the length of time it would take these guys here (who) have been preparing a stretcher to pull my body out and do what they have to do, so I have to have faith that they know what they are doing," Blaine said. [Source]
posted by Natalie at 9:54 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home