Blog This, Sissy!

Sunday, August 20

Celebrity News

Photo
Bob Seger turned the page, and Metallica finally found justice for online fans. Now, only a few remaining big-name musical acts refuse to make their songs available on Apple Computer's popular iTunes Music Store.
Analysts say the online holdouts — including the Beatles, Led Zeppelin,

Radiohead and Kid Rock — probably can't avoid iTunes forever as fans flock to the Internet to buy music.
But the artists argue online distribution leaves them with too small a profit. And, they say, iTunes wrecks the artistic integrity of an album by allowing songs to be purchased by the track for 99 cents. Some bands, such as AC/DC have released albums on other, more flexible sites, but not iTunes. This could cut into Uncle Rico's football practice.
Jon Gries, the 49-year-old actor who starred as Napoleon Dynamite's football-flinging, Tupperware-hawking, steak-obsessed tormentor, is not expected to face criminal charges following an alleged road rage incident two weeks in Los Angeles.

Prosecutors said Friday that Gries will take part in a supervised mediation program instead.

How ironic for me...I just saw this movie (Napolian Dynomite) last night with my Bro Eddie. Hilarious!

Well, so much for sense, the sixth or any other kind.

Haley Joel Osment crashed his car into a pillar July 20, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office filed three DUI-related charges Thursday against the former Academy Award nominee.

Osment, 18, is facing misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence, driving while having a blood alcohol level higher than the legal limit of .08--the D.A.'s office said Osment's was .16--and possessing marijuana while driving.

According to authorities, Osment was driving to his La Canada-Flintridge-area home in his 1995 Saturn shortly after 1 a.m. on July 20 when he apparently lost control of the car, jumped a curb and hit a brick mailbox post, causing his vehicle to flip over.

[source]
posted by Natalie at 10:54 AM

1 Comments:

Though I'll never forgive him for appearing in a film with dialogue like "I'm tired. I'm tired in my body. I'm tired in my head. I'm tired in my heart." or for dressing like a middle-aged man off for a round of golf, I've suddenly found new respect for the lad. Rock on!!!

8/20/06, 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home